Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Trust in the Lord with all your heart.

Hey y'all! I hope this finds each and every one of you having a great week so far! I haven't updated since the first day of school where I work, but everything is going better than I expected. I love, love, love working with my precious students. God has truly blessed me by giving me this opportunity; the days go by so much quicker than they did when I was working at the credit union. Some days are tougher than others, but overall these sweet toddlers brighten my day as soon as I walk into our classroom. I can't wait to see what this semester has in store for us! I'm trusting in His plan because I know it is all going to be amazing...I don't even know why I doubted His plans for this job in the first place. :)



Proverbs 3:5-6 
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight. (NIV)



I was in a crafty mood Sunday, so I figured I'd share my latest craft project with y'all! Mom loved a wreath that I made for my secret sister in our women's group at church, so I made one similar to it for her to give to her secret sister. It's super easy, I promise!



Materials:
Grapevine wreath
3 artificial hydrangeas of the color of your choice
Wooden letter (last name initial)
Coordinating paint
White paint
Coordinating ribbon, twine, or jute
Hot glue gun




Step 1:
Begin by painting the wooden letter to give it time to dry. I wanted mine to be lavender instead of the dark purple of the flowers, but I didn't have any lavender paint on hand. I simply mixed white paint and dark purple paint together to get the exact color that I wanted.



After allowing the coat of lavender paint to dry, I sponged white paint on top of it to give it a crackled look. I particularly liked it because it gave it a more rustic look.





Step 2:
Place the flowers on the lower left side of the wreath. I chose two of the same color and one of a contrasting color to make it pop. Once I was happy with the placement, I hot glued them in place.

(I don't have a picture of this particular step, but you'll see how I placed my flowers in the final picture.)


Step 3:
Next, you'll need to make something to hang the wreath by. I didn't have any matching ribbon on hand, but I had plenty of jute leftover from when I made my Alabama wreath. I thought it'd give the wreath a nice rustic feel to wrap it around the top a few times. I then knotted it in the back to form a loop to hang it by.




Step 4:
Finally, glue the dried wooden initial to the top right side of the wreath.



Ta-da!!! Here's the final product! 




Happy crafting! Hope y'all have a blessed week!




No comments:

Post a Comment